Painting with masking fluid in my small sketchbook









Even if I don't have too much time to make full size finished paintings, I try to do daily painting in my sketchbook(s). I love to try different technics, and in my sketcbook it doesn't matter what the final result is, so I find that painting becomes free and more expressive. Often the subject is from my fantasy, as here.
 This time I started with painting directly with the masking fluid (that I usually don't use), and then added a few layers of colors...  
Some is wet-in-wet, some is wet-on-dry...
Finally I removed the masking fluid and added some more detail.

Working with the masking fluid allows you to paint very freely and that I like, even if the outlines of the white is quite hard, and you have to soften it either with color or water.
 Next time I want to do a larger painting, taking away and adding the masking fluid in different places while proceeding...




No comments:

Post a Comment