Painting pears in my garden - so delicious!


Pears, watercolour  10x15 cm

We have had such a hot July, but finally last weekend the temperatures went down a bit, allowing me to move outdoors and enjoy my garden again. I wanted to paint a series of postcards for the postcardartgroup.
The vegetation and flowers have suffered from the heat, but I did find something to paint!




        Pears, small watercolours in progress, 10x15 cm

I started to paint the small pears that are maturing right now.
The first paintings were more naturalistic, even if I was using a loose style. 
I repeated the same subject several times...




 It was very relaxing and meditative to repeat the same subject with small changes, to see which changes would actually improve the painting. or which solutions I'd like more. 
Usually I like to paint large, but doing all these studies was possible because I kept the size small, like a postcard - and I highly recommend this excercise to everybody who loves painting!

                          The postcards are of now, but  I'll show you more pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment